Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: What will Cane do?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What will Cane do?

    Since win or lose Saturday is the last game for his Wave what will he do. Current preseason polls have the Wave in the bottom half of the region in basketball while his alma matta Coeburn is projected to contend for the Region D Crown? Will he stay WaveCane or will he jump off the bandwagon and jump on the AA and Pate wagon?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member titans_1_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    coeburn contend for region title.. are u serious

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    They will contend, and should win the CD. GC would have to be the D2 favorite (although their depth has lost some of its luster) still but Coeburn should be in the thick of it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    Well, first off--I've got a brother-in-law playing football for Cwood now (due to marriage, but no less family in my eyes)...so there's a connection there. I started going to church w/my wife in Clintwood while we were still dating, and had the opportunity to meet quite a few of the kids that play for them as a result...so I feel the need to support them in their endeavors.

    Coe-town is my alma mater, and as critical as I can be about things there nowadays, I enjoyed my time there as a student and athlete. Plus--I had no family playing football for Coeburn, but I do have family playing bball for Coeburn (the aforementioned Pate, as you know). I coached a lot of the current Coeburn kids in youth basketball, and will support them in their endeavors on the hardwood.

    Dude--we're cool w/each other, but I don't appreciate being painted as a bandwagoner (WaveCane? seriously?) by you or anyone else when I'm out there supporting local teams that I happen to have family playing for. That's pretty weak...that's like me asking have you stopped being a "PV"FAN since most of the stuff we hear you talk about on here is regarding UVA-Wise. This ain't about bandwagons, this is about supporting good kids in doing what they enjoy doing. Otherwise, I wouldn't have watched Coeburn play football some this year, and I wouldn't have any plans (which in fact, I do) of watching Clintwood play basketball this upcoming season. You know most of this, so you must just be bored or crazy one...dunno which.

    I don't feel like dealing with petty-ness like this from you, especially after dealing with idiots and [censored] in Raleigh this weekend, fans and campus police alike. The only two places the people have been more rude to us have been in Blacksburg and Tallahassee.

    Thanks for piling on, Twerp. Go Hoyas.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    Nah, ClintwoodCane is more appropriate.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    Somebody obviously didn't get the joke.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What will Cane do?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somebody obviously didn't get the joke.</div></div>

    Bad mood last night man...driving back from Raleigh was hell yesterday, and dealing with their fans/campus police was absolute hell. Not a good trip at all...took it's toll for sure.

    Sorry for lashing out.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •